Belstaff Dark Brown Imperial Wax Cotton Jacket (BEL1037)
Product InformationThe Imperial is a new style that has been introduced into the Belstaff Pure Motorcycle collection for the 2017 season. It is, in essence, a variation on the Mojave jacket; that is to say, a shortish, blouson-style biking jacket.
But it has a number of unique, distinguishing features that set the Imperial apart, the most prominent of which is the authentic, vintage treatment that has been applied to the cotton canvas fabric. It's very convincing, and makes the jacket look particularly worn and weather-beaten.
The other key point of difference on the Imperial is its asymmetric zip that has been a popular feature of many motorcycle leather jackets over the years. The jacket comes with a seam-sealed Miprex waterproof and windproof liner. But is has no thermal layer, so if you want to wear one in the colder months, you'll simply need to layer up.
The pockets are also quite distinctive; you get a traditional patch pocket on the left, but what is known as a welt pocket on the right. There are also two lower jet pockets fastened with zips, and a zipped, internal pocket.
Pretty much everything else is standard fare for a Belstaff bike jacket. Corduroy in the collar. D3O armour in the shoulders and elbows. A pocket for a back protector. Extra layers of material at the shoulders and elbows. Metal under-arm aerators, and a rubberised lower snap. If you want a Belstaff liner, the Imperial will take either the Lambfell vest, or the Coventry warmer.
- Cotton canvas with an hand-made resin finishing
- Seam-sealed Miporex membrane
- Cotton/viscose lining on body and sleeves
- Corduroy on neck collar and cuffs
- removable soft protectors on shoulders and elbows
- Protectors meet the requirements of European directive 89/686/CEE and of Technical Standard EN 1621-1:2012
- Pocket for back protector
- Upper left patch pocket, closed by flap and snap buttons
- Upper right welt pocket, closed with snap button
- Lower jet pockets, closed by metal zippers
- Inside facing jet pocket, closed by coil zipper
- Hand-made resin treatment on garment that gives a deep color effect and a true vintage look
- Reinforcements on shoulders and elbows
- Metal breathers under arm
- Last central snaps in rubber
- Can accommodate Lambfell vest and Coventry warmer blouson