Belstaff Mojave wax cotton jacket in black (BEL094)
Now £420.00Was £525.00
Product InformationWith its classic, Steve McQueen off-road styling, the Mojave jacket, sometimes known as the Brooklands, is the archetypal blouson motorcycle jacket.
In 2013, it was heavily updated, becoming as a result, a much more serious piece of motorcycling apparel.
Its made from a mid-weight, eight ounce wax cotton that has been sourced from British Millerain, the famous Rochdale based weaver.
A waxed cotton is water-resistant, but not waterproof, so the jacket also comes backed with a seam-sealed Miporex, 100% waterproof membrane. For warmth, there's a detachable quilted gilet made from 150 gramme Micro Valtherm padding. The sleeves, by the way, come with 60 gramme padding.
For safety, the Mojave is equipped with D3Os intelligent soft protectors in both the shoulders and the elbows. There's a pocket for a back protector if one is required. Everything else comes down to styling, comfort and convenience.
Things like the patch and jet pockets on the front of the jacket, the adjusters on the neck and sleeve, corduroy facings on the neck and cuffs, and so on. Not to mention the traditional chequered lining, inside pockets, and metal under-arm aerators.
Finally, to protect your petrol tank, Belstaff has considerately covered up the lowest brass snap button in rubber. And to the same end, the metal buckle adjuster has an embroidered cover.
This really is the perfect casual biking jacket. It ticks all the boxes. On the bike, it provides protection from the elements, as well as the road. Yet off the bike, it epitomises motorcycle chic. Its one great jacket.
The iconic Belstaff Trialmaster and Mojave jackets face off in our editorial piece. Read it here.
- Made from Wax Cotton 8oz
- Seam-sealed Miporex membrane
- Cotton check lining on body and inside pockets
- Quilted lining with 60g padding on sleeves
- Corduroy internal collar lining
- CE approved removable protectors on shoulders and elbows
- Detachable quilted lining with 150g Micro-Valtherm padding on body
- Protectors meet the requirements of European directive 89/686/CEE and of CE Technical standard EN 1621-1:2011
- Pocket for back protector (Protector not included)
- Two patch pockets with waterproof flaps and snap closures
- Two zip closing hand pockets
- Inside facing jet pocket with coil zipper
- Quilted reinforcements on shoulders and elbows
- Eyelet vents underarm
- Adjustable neck strap
- Cuff adjusting gusset with snaps
- Buckle-cover with embroidered logo