Halvarssons Oman jacket in khaki (HAL735)
Product InformationThe Halvarssons Oman jacket is the top half of what one might term a serious adventure suit. Despite what some people think, if you are riding in extreme heat, or if you are generating extreme heat, you don't want to be wearing laminated garments. And that's because a waterproof membrane, even a laminated one, will prevent air from reaching the body. It will also reduce breath-ability, making it harder to cool down. The Oman has a removable waterproof, inner jacket. Wear it when it's cold or wet. Remove it when it's hot. The Oman also comes with a lightweight, removable, thermal jacket. Obviously, the jacket is well endowed with huge vents, both back and front. There are elasticated, adjuster straps up the flanks, more pockets than you'll ever need, and a removable, neck collar. One of the weaknesses with many so-called adventure outfits is that they offer little in the way of abrasion resistance if you should come off on the road. The Oman, however, is lined in all the most vulnerable areas with Hi-Art that increase the strength of the outer fabric by 500%. Level 2 protectors come as standard in the elbows and shoulders. There's a pocket for a back protector, although we prefer to fit our own D30 protector to Halvarssons' surf board- like affair. Obviously, the jacket will zip into the matching Oman pant. For a more detailed size chart, please see here.
Read our review of the Halvarssons Oman jacket.
- Removable Dryway + 2.0 functional membrane
- Removable thermal vest lining with Innoborne insulation
- DWR (Durable Water Repellent) treated outer material
- Detachable collar
- Stretch panels in the back
- Vented opening panels at chest
- Open back vent for increased circulation
- CE certified to class AA
- Hi-Art reinforcement at shoulders and elbows
- CE approved level 2 protectors, adjustable
- Pocket for back protector (see here for our recommendation)
- Can be connected to pants